Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Palladium is here

I got the Monsters and Animals book on Monday, and the Palladium rule book just arrived yesterday. It's fun to look through the books and go back in time to reading them at my friends house. I'm actually impressed at how good the art is. In a lot of older books the art is crap, but here we are with some very good and very funny art. I think they layout is interesting though, especially in the rule book. It seems like they made a game, took the rules, and shuffled the rules together at random. I mean, the page on how insanity works is right in the front, instead of being an appendix. But its a fun system.

I like how all the races have their prejudices laid out, cut and dry. It makes it easier to roleplay a human in wolfen lands if you already know that humans and wolfen hate each other, instead of guessing what "wolfen and humans have had some troubles" means. More hatred between races should be as black and white. Plus, they explain why the hatred is there. To me it just makes the game that much more deep.

Out of date systems aside, though, the next session for the Star Wars campaign is this Saturday. I'll have updates then, if not sooner.

No comments: